Long time I used in this machine Mandriva, from 2007 to 2009 releases, changing the default desktop to XFCE to save memory and optimizing the system, also I tried Puppy Linux and other minimalistic Linux distributions. But always I feel something missing, an ultimate Linux distro with fast performance.
Until few weeks I noted the new release of DreamLinux, a Debian based distro with a pretty and fast desktop (XFCE). I had installed last week and after one week of use, I like it!
- Everything works well.
- The AWN bar looks like MacOS X.
- The Debian stability and large collection of packages.
- EasyInstall application is really useful.
- DCP-Control panel works well.
- The first time I installed it, the main user account wasn't created with the correct configuration, so I logged as root, created a new user again and used it.
- This new user, I added manually to sudoers list.
- Wicd cannot use my WiFi configuration, it never connect to my router, so I wrote a shell script to activate my network.