CRAY

My good friend Charlie ask me my opinion about some server/high-end computers, one of the options was the historically important Cray. Cray isn't producing their amazing systems that dominate the supercomputer field for years. Now they're producing high-performance desktop computers like the CX1-iWS.
Well, it's a nice computer with cool hardware but with Windows 7 as OS (maybe to reach some 3D modeling tools, because all the HPC software I know run on Linux/OSX).

This model in particular is being sold by Dell, I see the page to get more details and I found one of the reviews highly interesting:


Date:October 8, 2010
Title: Helping our country's defense
Review:We have been using a few of these units for a while and they scream! I work for a defense contractor (Cyberdyne Systems) and part of the reason we were able to get the contract was by leveraging these units rather than a dedicated supercomputer. We've been developing new microprocessors for autonomous drones, and hopefully our use of these systems will eventually save lives! Cray has always been the Rolls Royce of computing, and our Skynet R&D team is thrilled to be using them.
77 of 90 people found this review helpful.

Nice!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PS3 cluster

Ubuntu Cluster - Slave nodes