Slower with age ... 4rd. part and last

I'm starting to be bored with this comparisons, I've not report the last one comparing "apples with pears" between Ubuntu vs. OpenSolaris vs. FreeBSD benchmarks, but this is a more realistic comparison, take the new shinning Fedora 10 and Ubuntu 8.10 for benchmarking, the results: nearly identical perfomance in 32 and 64 bits. Not surprises here.


Yes, U-fans claim better hardware support and more user-friendly-desktop, I don't believe that 'cause Fedora is a really good Linux distribution, I had tested and used before.

Whatever, for test and compare distros you can use the Phoronix Test Suite.

I'm still waiting openSuse 11.1 and maybe try gOS, while I'm saving for an Acer Aspire One.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ubuntu Cluster - Slave nodes

PS3 cluster