Analog random number generator


With my new projects I had to use -and abuse- of (pseudo)random generators. I remember my first classes of statistics when the teacher used simple examples of probabilistic events with coins or dices. After going serious in random generations, you can see a lot of research in this area. From computer algorithms to real probabilities, random is anywhere (specially in data validation, a common task in this new age high throughput biology).

The problem with random generators is you can never be sure is totally random, then some approaches use less sophisticated but effective random generators like this:



In this case, is a special machine for a games company named GamesByEmail.com, as you see, they automatically roll dices and take a picture, then a computer process the image and return the numbers.

I must confess, I have a 8-Magic-Ball (Eragon edition) in my desk to answer the important questions in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PS3 cluster

Ubuntu Cluster - Slave nodes